HALL OF FAME
RULES AND REGULATIONS
FAR WEST GOLF ASSOCIATION OF THE DEAF
- The purpose of the FWGAD Hall of Fame is to honor outstanding deaf golfers and deaf golf leaders who have contributed exceptional services to the sport of golf within the regional area of the Association.
- The Hall of Fame Committee shall consist of the Chairman, who is appointed by the Director, the immediate past director, the Assistant Directors, and three members of the Hall of Fame. They shall serve for one year, beginning with the end of the recent tournament and ending with the completion of the following tournament. Each member of the committee shall have one vote.
- The Hall of Fame Committee members shall be reimbursed by the Association for reasonable expenses incurred in the selection of the candidates.
- The Chairman shall welcome contributions from other sources to benefit the Hall of Fame and shall make a report at each FWGAD Board meeting.
- A candidate must have entered at least 10 tournaments and accumulated 75 points total or better from the list below in order to be eligible for nomination to the Hall of Fame. However exceptional candidates with less than the minimum required may be placed on the ballot by a vote of two-thirds of the Hall of Fame Committee. The number of points shall be awarded as follows:
Each tournament participated: 2 points; 1 extra point if in the Championship Flight
Open Champion: 10 points
Open Runner-up: 5 points
Flight champion: 5 points
Medalist winner: 3 points
Tournament Chair: 10 points; if Co-Chairs: 5 each
Tournament committee membership: 4 points
Printing program book: 5 points
FWGAD Director: 5 points
FWGAD Assistant Directors: 5 points
Law Committee chairmanship: 3 points
Other FWGAD committee memberships: 2 points